Saturday, February 6, 2010

Slow down. Forgive. and Treat others better than yourself

My title seems so simple right? For some maybe... not for me... I have been running through life like it is a race... and it isn't. I find myself hurrying everywhere....never being late... always on time... maybe it is my lifestyle? Maybe I am too busy? Yesterday after getting to practice 20 minutes early ( like everyday) I am wondering why i rushed there in the first place. Today... yet again.. I was 30 minutes early... I thankfully had a bible study in my car and sat outside the tennis courts taking some time to spend with God....I rush past God every single day it feels like. He is just sitting there looking at me waiting for me to acknowledge him.. and sadly... I walk right by him.... how rude. I drive too fast...walk to fast... read to fast.... and forget to relax even when I have time to... I dont sleep in... I feel like I am not being productive if I sleep on my recovery days...it is not a bad thing to rest every once in a while...yet not good to always sleep in... there is a fine line... you get what i mean. Tennis even... I play too fast sometimes... rush... get impatient..
Forgive- it seems so easy to say. It seems so simple..... it isn't in some cases... some stuff went on with my family and I and it just seems so hard to forgive sometimes... at times I feel myself get really angry... and then I will get a phone call ... i love them so much i cant stay angry.. yet it still hurts to think about... and I know sparing relationships is more important.. but it is so hard... and i will take time... never hold grudges because life is short... and nothing is for sure... forgive... just as God would want you too.. and try to live only for him... only for his purpose... because he is so good to us...
Treat others the way you would want to be treated... so easy right? Don't cut in line... don't get a drink for only yourself... offer food to people... help them out with something they need help on... I know I would appreciate that from myself... dont take anyone for granted...so easy to say.... love your neighbor just like you love yourself... God made us pretty selfish human beings so it shouldn't be very hard to know what someone else would appreciate... what do you appreciate?

No comments: