Monday, December 15, 2008

Wow. How small are we really?

I am feeling somewhat inspired to write in this moment.... don't ask me why... it is right in the middle of a busy day and there are people are around me going about there business...
Proverbs 12:1 really caught my eye... and got me thinking..
"Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid."

Yeah thats right... the bible calls us stupid at times.... we all are at some point in our day... I feel like it takes  a lot to lay down your pride and admit that yes,  I can be really stupid and selfish at times. I feel like this verse makes or breaks athletes...relationships... and attitudes in general. I hate it when I feel like I don't need correction when I am out on the tennis court because many times I cannot see what I am doing on my own. Being bull headed and stubborn I like to say.. "hey i know what I am doing.... I have been playing for 12 years.... don't tell me what to do..." but that kind of attitude is the poison and ultimately is the stop sign for your career. It stops you from getting better. 
I am getting humbled in my Anatomy Class. I sit in the lectures and listen to my professor speak about the intricate details of the human body... I didn't expect the class to be this hard for one... but also I am baffled to look around the class and see people who don't believe in the Lord... he created this human body with the snap of a finger..and the rest of the world in the blink of an eye.. he made our bodies in the image of him. My capacity cannot even wrap around the simple equations- make-up- and functions our body does. 

God is something so much bigger than we can ever imagine. I feel so blessed and fortunate that he allows me to follow him and trust in his word. I don't even feel like I have the right to be in his presence-- but he continues to love me even when I think I have it all figured out. 

God please be with us this week as we finish up finals... help us remember the big picture in life.. and that is living for you... and glorifying you in all that we do. Thank you for always being there and always giving us grace and compassion even at our ugliest times...

Amen..

(Good luck with finals! Couple more days and we have a BREAAKKKK!!)

No comments: